Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another great recipe from my favorite cookbook, Thru the Grapevine, Finger Lakes Region cookbook. So easy to make and so delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In baking dish, place chicken breasts; sprinkle with salad dressing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and tomato sauce and continue baking for 1 1/2 hours.
- During the last 5-10 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- This is a low calorie recipe if low-cal dressing is used, or if regular dressing is used sparingly.
This is a great comfort food recipe. It's not highly flavoured, but just a great dinner for a cool night. I just sliced the veg (instead of dicing or mincing, I like a more rustic style. I didn't have any tomato sauce so I used a 32 oz can of roma tomatoes which made the dinner a bit more watery, but this was all sopped up by the bed of rice I served it on. I don't keep bottled dressings on hand, so I just made up Italian dressing with olive oil, white wine vinegar, basil & oregano. Thanks for posting!
Excellent recipe!!! This sure does smell heavenly while cooking. I used a can of tomato sauce with herbs. and followed the recipe exactly. I added this to my favorites!!! Thanks so much!!!
This is an easy dish to prepare. It smells so good as it is cooking. I did add about 1 tsp italian seasoning to the tomato sauce. People at work all want the recipe.