Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from my Mom. It is sweet and savory. It is also fairly quick to prepare. Serve over spaghetti or linguine.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) jarragu garden vegetable spaghetti sauce or 1 (28 ounce) jarany vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 -7 large mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent and mushrooms golden brown.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add jar sauce, wine and brown sugar; simer 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Drain roasted peppers of oil and slice into strips; add to sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Serve immediately over pasta of your choice.
Can I give this 10 stars? What a surprise this was...for such simple ingredients the taste was out of this world....I think the roasted peppers must have put it over the top...I will be making this alot....I did cheat and had some cooked chicken pieces in the freezer that I used....You all should try this one...