Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I use this marinade for my chicken satay! Yumm!!!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
- Gently pulse all ingredients in your blender just a few times until combined.
- Use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of marinade for every pound of chicken.
- Place chicken and marinade inside a ziplock bag.
- Seal the ziplock bag trapping air inside and gently massage the contents to coat chicken.
- Let chicken marinade in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Re-seal the bag tightly! Removing all the excess air.
- Freeze the chicken with the marinade.
- Cook within 3 weeks to prevent freezer burn.
- Cooking day: Thaw Chicken. This take about 16 hours and cook. I like to cook mine in a cast-iron skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil for 12 minute.
- Serve the chicken accompanied by a small bowl of peanut sauce on the side. (lol I know I skipped the skewers. I just do not like to spend the time to skewer the meat. ).