Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in Southern Living.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken
- 2 lbs yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup broth, more if needed
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Cook chicken, cool and remove from bone.
- Bring squash to boil in broth and cook 8 minutes.
- Drain and combine all vegetables.
- Combine sour cream, soup and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Combine stuffing and butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Simply DELICIOUS! Simple and delicious. Nothing more to say, I could eat the whole baking dish. Thanks, something to do with all of the squash coming this year.
I loved it, great way to use up plentiful summer squash. I had chicken thighs, so I boiled them and made my own chicken broth, added carrots and onions , then added them to the dish. I didn't have chicken stuffing, so Imused cornbread instead, used more like a cup, and added more broth, along with the butter. Delicious!
Was excited to try a new squash recipe. Followed recipe exactly. Not impressed. Never making this again. It was edible for the adults, but no one wanted seconds & the kids really didn't like it at all (even though they normally like these ingredients).