I found this in Southern Living.
Make and share this Chicken Yellow Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook chicken, cool and remove from bone.
- Bring squash to boil in broth and cook 8 minutes.
- Drain and combine all vegetables.
- Combine sour cream, soup and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Combine stuffing and butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I will quote my husband after having taken a bite of this casserole, "I could eat this all night!" I followed the recipe fairly closely and the finished product was very creamy, so I put it over spiral garden pasta. Superb! We are growing our own squash, carrots and onions, so I anticipate making this often this summer.
This was YUMMY~ I didn't have any carrots so I used canned corn. My family went back for seconds and the leftovers were great the next day! You hide lots of veggies in here for the picky eaters~
Mmmm! I was looking for a recipe to use up some of my extra squash and decided to give this a try. It was so good and so easy. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, used both yellow squash and zucchini, added a can of drained cut green beans, (all seasoned with some garlic powder) and a little more of the stuffing topping. We ate half the pan between us!!