Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These skewers are ideal for a BBQ, the sauce makes the chicken so tender. Add garlic for extra flavour. Sake & mirin are available from Asian supermarkets.
- 907.18 g chicken fillets
- 118.29 ml sake
- 177.44 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml mirin
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 10 green onions, cut diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces
- Cut chicken fillets into bite-size cubes.
- Combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin& sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil& set aside.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 25 skewers- alternating with green onion.
- Place the skewers onto a BBQ hotplate or on a tray if cooking under a griller.
- Brush the chicken with the sauce frequently& cook for 7- 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- *NOTE:If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using as this prevents them from burning during cooking.
These were pretty good! The sauce ends up tasting very sweet, not what I was expecting. I actually used chopped up Vidalia onions instead of green onions. The only thing is that they didn't cook very evenly, but that could have been my fault, too.
These are wonderful... even my children, who are the pickiest eaters, loved them. Thanks, Marli!
These had a great distinctive flavour and are also easy to prepare in advance.