Recipe by *Marli*
These skewers are ideal for a BBQ, the sauce makes the chicken so tender. Add garlic for extra flavour. Sake & mirin are available from Asian supermarkets.
Top Review by Sirea
These were pretty good! The sauce ends up tasting very sweet, not what I was expecting. I actually used chopped up Vidalia onions instead of green onions. The only thing is that they didn't cook very evenly, but that could have been my fault, too.
- 907.18 g chicken fillets
- 118.29 ml sake
- 177.44 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml mirin
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 10 green onions, cut diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken fillets into bite-size cubes.
- Combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin& sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil& set aside.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 25 skewers- alternating with green onion.
- Place the skewers onto a BBQ hotplate or on a tray if cooking under a griller.
- Brush the chicken with the sauce frequently& cook for 7- 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- *NOTE:If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using as this prevents them from burning during cooking.