1/1 Photo of Chicken Yakitori Skewers
These skewers are ideal for a BBQ, the sauce makes the chicken so tender. Add garlic for extra flavour. Sake & mirin are available from Asian supermarkets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken fillets into bite-size cubes.
- 2Combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin& sugar in a saucepan.
- 3Bring to the boil& set aside.
- 4Thread the chicken pieces onto 25 skewers- alternating with green onion.
- 5Place the skewers onto a BBQ hotplate or on a tray if cooking under a griller.
- 6Brush the chicken with the sauce frequently& cook for 7- 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8*NOTE:If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using as this prevents them from burning during cooking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Yakitori Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (1533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 536.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g