Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This marinade is good on chicken, seafood, or vegetables. Marinate time for chicken is 2 hours.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sake, ginger, honey, and garlic; reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for dipping.
- Cut the chicken pieces into 2-inch chunks; put chunks into a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add marinade to bag; seal and shake gently to coat; marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Skewer chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, turn, then grill for another 3 minutes; chicken should be juicy but no longer pink.
- Note: If flame-ups occur, move to a cooler part of the grill.
- Serve with reserved marinade as a dipping sauce.