1/2 Photos of Chicken Yakitori
Full of flavor, these succulent Japanese-style skewers are fantastic for barbecues. Serve as canapé-style nibbles, or with noodles as a main meal. Time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
- 8 (4 1/2 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into 1in pieces
- 8 scallions, sliced into 1in pieces
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the marinade
- 1For the chicken: place the chicken, peppers and scallions in a shallow non corrosive dish, season and set aside.
- 2For the marinade: mix all the ingredients together. Pour the marinade over the chicken and vegetables, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight or for at least a couple of hours.
- 3In a separate shallow dish, cover 8 wooden skewers with water and leave to soak for as long as the chicken marinates.
- 4When ready to cook, thread the chicken and vegetables (not the scotch bonnet chili) onto the skewers and discard the marinade. Mix together the teriyaki sauce and honey and brush a little over the skewers.
- 5Light a barbecue or heat a griddle pan until smoking. Cook the skewers for 8-10 minutes, brushing every so often with the teriyaki sauce and turning regularly to ensure they brown evenly. Serve as canapé-style nibbles, or with noodles as a main meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Yakitori
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 2601.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: