Recipe by Bergy
Great flavor to this chicken. Make smaller one to be served as appetizers. Nice variety of textures. If you can't find jicama use water chestnuts but run boiling water over them to get rid of the tinny taste
Top Review by Pam in B.C.
I made the mistake of using regualr soy sauce and it was too salty. I just cut the chicken into strips and after marinating the chicken I baked it in the sauce. I put it in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes and served it over rice. Very good.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 6 large mushrooms, washed & halved
- 3 green onions, cleaned and cut into 2 inch pieces includine the green
- 1 1⁄4 cups jicama, peeled,cut into 1 inch cubes
- watercress (to garnish)
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy, Sherry, ginger, sesame oil,& garlic.
- Soak 6 bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour.
- Thread chicken on the skewers alternating with mushrooms, jicama& green onions Place skewers in a large shallow dish that will allow all the skewers to lay flat in one layer Pour on the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours turning occasionally.
- Remove from marinade and sprinkle skewers with Sesame seeds (if using).
- BBQ or broil the skewers for apprx 8 minutes turning every two minutes.
- Serve on a bed of watercress.