Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
A very quick wrap of chicken in lettuce leaves, uses cooked chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Wraps With Nam Jihm Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon deep fried shallot
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted coconut
- 1 small birds eye chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, roughly torn
For the Nam Jihm Dressing
- 1 birds eye chile
- 5 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cm knob gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup coriander, including roots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 limes, juice of
- 60 g palm sugar
- fish sauce, to taste
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 100 g Thai rice, dry roasted until golden then grind to powder
- Make the Nam Jihm dressing. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies, ginger, coriander and garlic with the salt.
- Add to this the limejuice, sugar and fish sauce. It should taste hot, sour and sweet.
- For the wraps, mix the chicken together with the remaining wrap ingredients and stir in 2 tablespoons of the Nam Jihm dressing.
- Spoon the mixture into the chosen leaves, sprinkle with the rice powder and serve immediately.
- Cooks Notes:.
- Nam Jihm means chilli lime.
An amazing marriage of flavors! I didn't use the thai rice but followed the recipe otherwise and am so pleased with how it turned out!