Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Martha Stewart Living. If you can't get lavash, you could substitute large tortillas or toasted pita.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed, plus
- 8 additional basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango, half cut into 2 inch pieces, and the other half cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) lavash bread
- 8 fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Make the chicken: Place garlic and 1/2 the shallot in a food processor. Add basil and oil, and process til mixture forms a coarse paste. Stir in salt and cinnamon, and season with pepper. Make a few shallow 1/2 inch slits on both sides of chicken; rub all over with the basil mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Bake til cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely then slice thinly or shred in small pieces.
- Make the dressing: Finely chop other half of shallot in the clean bowl of a food processor. Add mango and process til smooth. Add lime juice and cayenne and process til combined.
- Assemble wraps: Spread about 1/4 c mango dressing in center of each lavash. Top with chicken, mango and herbs. Roll up diagonally to form a cone. Wraps can be refrigerated, wrapped in parchment and plastic up to 4 hours.