Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Your guests will probably say nothing between "What is this?" and "Can I have some more?" It really is that good. Don't be afraid of this amount of basil, the soup just isn't the same without it.
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 large leek (or 2 small, sliced)
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 14.79 ml dried sweet basil leaves
- Put the chicken broth in a large pot. You can use store-bought or home-made chicken stock.
- Cook the chicken breast in the stock 15 or 20 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Put chicken, veggies and basil into the stock and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add noodles, dumplings or rice if you wish.
This IS yummy! I followed the directions exact except I picked up a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work to save time. Then I added some dumplings. Perfect meal for a brisk autumn evening. Thanks Julie!!
As easy a making toast~this was a pleasure to put together and as tasty as a treat too. Don't know why you would ever have to run out and get soup if you have 20 minutes, you have soup. I added some chopped red onion, (I had this in the garden) and a bit of red bell pepper, (as that was also in the garden) coupled with all the rest of the ingredients, and some Orzo pasta, this was just yummy. A bit of salt and pepper to finish, and you just want to curl up and read a good book. Thanks, Julie! Will keep making and making.