Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was surprised to discover that these crispy wontons can be made in 30 minutes or less. Use them as an appetizer or special dinner accompanied with some rice and stir fried veggies.
- 1 cup chicken meat, cooked and diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 36 wonton wrappers
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix togther the first 7 ingredients.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Lightly moisten the edges of the wrapper with a moistened finger. Bring corners together, pressing to seal.
- Pour peanut oil to a depth of 3 inches in a saucepan or fryer; heat oil to 375.
- Fry wontons in batches until golden, turning once.
- Drain on wire rack over paper towels and serve immediately with following sauce.
- Bring chicken broth and the next 5 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Dip wontons in sauce.