Recipe by Bearsbaby03
This is an adaptation of a restaurant chicken dish--better right away than next day. If you have any left! Don't wash your mushrooms (WIPE OFF with paper towel)
Top Review by Connorsmomma
Made this for my family, 2 of them under 5 yrs old and we all enjoyed it. I substituted parmesan & mozzarella cheese for the swiss and just melted it under the skillet lid. I also added some fresh spinach with the artichokes and served with whole wheat gnocchi. Will be adding this to my cookbook of favs.
- 6 butterflied chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 (5 ounce) can artichokes (DRAINED)
- 1 -2 cup sliced portabella mushroom
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- First grill chicken breasts till cooked totally through, or until no pink remains.
- While chicken is cooking drain your artichokes and wipe off mushrooms and slice them finely. Remove cooked chicken on to plate.
- Now to make your sauce, empty cream of chicken soup into iron skillet and add the cream. Stir in slivered garlic and artichokes and the sliced mushrooms; let it come to a low boil. Add seasonings. Next, pour sauce over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in preheated 350°F oven just to melt sliced swiss cheese.
- *serving suggestion* Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.