Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adaptation of a restaurant chicken dish--better right away than next day. If you have any left! Don't wash your mushrooms (WIPE OFF with paper towel)
- 6 butterflied chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 (5 ounce) can artichokes (DRAINED)
- 1 -2 cup sliced portabella mushroom
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- First grill chicken breasts till cooked totally through, or until no pink remains.
- While chicken is cooking drain your artichokes and wipe off mushrooms and slice them finely. Remove cooked chicken on to plate.
- Now to make your sauce, empty cream of chicken soup into iron skillet and add the cream. Stir in slivered garlic and artichokes and the sliced mushrooms; let it come to a low boil. Add seasonings. Next, pour sauce over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in preheated 350°F oven just to melt sliced swiss cheese.
- *serving suggestion* Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Made this for my family, 2 of them under 5 yrs old and we all enjoyed it. I substituted parmesan & mozzarella cheese for the swiss and just melted it under the skillet lid. I also added some fresh spinach with the artichokes and served with whole wheat gnocchi. Will be adding this to my cookbook of favs.
YUM! This is really good. After browning the chicken I sauteed the mushroom, garlic and artichokes till they were softened then added the soup and cream to make the sauce. I then added the chicken back to the pan and covered with the sauce and topped with cheese. I tented the pan with foil to let the cheese melt and it all worked great without having to dirty another dish. Thanks for posting this winner!