Prep 45 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
- 2 packages square wonton wrappers
- 6 quarts boiling water
- 1 chicken, cut in pieces
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 5 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 lbs ground chicken, uncooked
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Cook chicken in water with carrot, celery, salt, and onion for 2 hours.
- Remove bones and skin.
- Chop chicken meat.
- Add to stock.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, remove fat from top of chicken stock.
- Strain the vegetables from the stock and discard.
- Chicken stays in stock.
- Mix ground meat, eggs, and green onions and fill wraps with 1 tablespoon per wrap.
- Heat broth.
- Drop filled wontons (15-20 at a time) in broth.
- After they rise to surface, simmer.
- Place broth and won tons in individual soup bowls.
- Garnish with sliced diced onions.