Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband who is a spice nut, makes this chicken dish. We love it and it is so easy to put together. Marinates overnight. It is good broiled or grilled.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a shallow dish; stir to mix well.
- Add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt; stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken to the dish; spoon the sauce over the chicken to coat well.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take chicken out of marinade and drain well; discard marinade.
- Put chicken in the broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat source for about 5 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
Excellent! The chicken was moist and nicely browned. The marinade was a delicious combination. We grilled the chicken instead of broiling, and I served it with a tomato and cheese salad. We truly enjoyed this dish, and I will definately use the recipe again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Truly easy and fabulously tasty dish -- I couldn't find allspice (in UK) so used crushed cloves and that was fine. I think the spiciness of this dish is perfect and wouldnt adjust them at all. I have served this twice now with Recipe #18816 (Cabbage for those who dislike cabbage) and found it to be a good pairing. The cabbage is a nice mellow foil for the spicy chicken. I did mine on the broiler (actually a grill in the UK) and the timing was fine. Thanks, NurseDi, for another one!
This was good, but not spectacular. I think I was expecting something more and was disappointed to find that it was just another chicken dish. I used my broiler and needed to double the cooking time.