Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From traditional arabic cooking
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 2 cups rice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup yogurt (stabilised)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sumaq
- Boil onions and chicken and water to cover for 20 minutes.
- strain and reserve stock (need 1 3/4 cups).
- combine all ingredients except sumac and bake 150 celsius 45 mins until tender. Garnish with sumac.
- serve with pickles, bread and salad.
- For stabalised yogourt.
- 1 litre yogurt.
- 1T cornfliur.
- 1 edd white beaten.
- beat 5 minutes slowly bring to boil and simmer 10 mins
- ( will need to reduce this recipe for the above dish).