Recipe by CHEF GOLDEN WINGS
I have made this wonderful dish for many years and got the recipe from my sister and it is delicious. i often make it without the chicken for myself and every who has eaten it always wanted the recipe.i served it with a salad and hot bread. even better leftover.you can add cauliflower, broccoli, etc. if you like instead of mixed or with. makes pretty with colorful vegetables in it.also can use brown rice. can vary amounts of garlic, onions and green peppers as you like. can make ahead also.
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 (15 ounce) canof drained mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 -4 drops yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and fry the chicken till done, and then remove chicken and add in garlic, green peppers, onions and saute.
- Then add in the celery soup, broth,yellow food color, rice, mixed vegetables, and bring to a boil, then with lid on remove from heat and let set for ten minutes.
- Put in nice long dish with chicken on top.