Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, oregano, poultry seasoning, tarragon, marjoram and wine.
- Boil 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third.
- Arrange chicken in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Brush herb sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
I really like this recipe. I generally use 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts rather than an entire chicken. I make the wine sauce in the same quantity as the recipe states, as it's good for spooning over the chicken as you eat it. Recommend sweet paprika rather than smoked paprika on the top. My chicken always turns out moist and tender with this recipe. Just be careful not to overbake.