1/1 Photo of Chicken With Wild Mushrooms and Balsamic Cream Sauce
This is from Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. (May take a bit longer!) You might consider doubling the sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced (baby portabello mushrooms)
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 12 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped (a couple of sprigs)
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 1Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add orzo pasta. Cook to al dente.
- 2Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add extra-virgin olive oil. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Return the skillet to the heat, turn heat back a bit, and add the butter. Once the butter melts add the mushrooms and brown stirring occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Once the mushrooms are brown season with salt and pepper then add the garlic, thyme and shallots. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until the shallots are wilted. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook 2 minutes more.
- 5Whisk in the stock, balsamic vinegar and the cream. Turn the heat up to high and simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the chicken on an angle. Add the parsley and the chicken back to the skillet to heat up, about 1 minute.
- 6To serve, pile orzo on dinner plates and top with the sliced chicken and sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Wild Mushrooms and Balsamic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 310.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 50.8 g