Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request; recipe located in online search. Sounds like a keeper to me and I'll try it soon.
- 4 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste) or 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely chop
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced (original recipe called for 1 slice ham, chopped so this is an estimate)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- Dust chicken well with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan.
- Add chicken and fry until brown and crisp all over; remove to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and ham to pan; sauté over low heat until soft but not brown.
- Add lemon juice, mushrooms, wine, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and rosemary; bring to a high simmer.
- Add browned chicken, lower heat and cover; simmer gently for 45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
"Chicken With White Wine" ummm I'm loving it... :)
This was excellent - I used an le cruset pot and cooked all the vegtables at once. I also used leeks and added bacon instead of ham. Very good with noodles or potatoes.