Recipe by Kevlarturtle
Use any combination of chicken pieces you like - I used two breasts and two leg quarters. This was delicious served with root vegetables and the extra pan sauce.
Top Review by apearsonohio
wow! really, really good! moist chicken - easy to make. this is going to make everyone jealous at my next dinner party! thanks for sharing. oh, and i couldn't find nicoise olives anywhere and just used black olives. it seemed to work.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 bone-in skinless chicken pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 8 -10 shallots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup nicoise olive, pitted
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add shallots and garlic cloves to skillet and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, scraping up any brown bits from the pan. Add minced garlic, herbs and olives and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes more. Pour wine mixture over chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, turning chicken once.