Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is lovely with chicken or pork. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄16 cup dry mustard
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 0.50 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 5⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cup cream of mushroom soup
- Cut chicken breasts in quarters, roughly 2 inch squares. Tenderize each piece between wax paper.
- Mix flour, dry mustard, sea salt and fresh ground pepper in a pie plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet or electric frying pan to med-high.
- Fry mushroom slices in 15 ml olive oil until lightly browned, remove from pan to a plate.
- Saute onion slices until translucent, also remove from pan to same plate as mushrooms.
- Add another 15 ml olive oil to pan, brown both sides of chicken. Remove from pan to a plate.
- De-glaze pan with white wine, stirring constantly and removing all bits from bottom of pan.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup and stir well until all lumps are gone.
- Return mushrooms, onions and chicken tenders to sauce, stir well.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, increase heat to medium, bring to a low boil until sauce reduces to desired consistency, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is so good. This is a recipe my son liked a lot. Even the veggies. He wanted more chicken than what I gave him. Nothing to change here. But I added a little bit more wine. I served it with potatoes and a salad on the side. Thanks Just_Ducky :) Made for ZWT9
I used about 1 1/4 pounds chicken (that was just one breast!). I used a whole can of cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 cup white wine. There was no need to reduce the sauce. It was very good and it was just right to serve 2 adults and 4 children with enough leftovers to serve another adult (although we tend to eat on the light side). Thanks!
Excellent! I decided to serve this with egg noodles, since there was a lot of they yummy sauce. The chicken is cooked perfectly and the sauce is delicious. I love the mushroom and onion additions. Thank you!