- boil water and cook pasta noodles. after you drain them add a little butter to the noodles to keep them from getting sticky.
- wash chicken and pat dry. salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- heat olive oil in large saute pan until shimmering.
- add chicken and brown for five minutes on each side. remove chicken to plate and let rest.
- drain pan of most of the chicken fat and return to med-low heat. add diced onion. after onions turns opaque, add garlic. cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- add chopped escarole to onion mixture and saute until wilted, about three minutes.
- add white beans, wine and chicken stock. also add sage and red pepper flakes. up heat and simmer five minutes until slightly reduced.
- return chicken thighs to pan. put lid on pan and turn heat to med-low. if you need to you may add more broth or wine. you want there to be a sauce for the noodles.
- after about ten minutes flip chiken thighs and put lid back on. simmer ten more minutes.
- remove lid and add sherry. simmer on low five more minutes and check thighs for doneness. may take a few minutes more depending on their size. serve over buttered bow-tie pasta with grated parmesan to garnish.