Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish has a true Tuscan flavor. Easy to make and delicious enough to impress your best company. Goes great with a salad and some crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 1 head escarole, washed and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, washed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry vermouth or 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 dash red chili pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta, plus
- water, to boil it in
- - boil water and cook pasta noodles. after you drain them add a little butter to the noodles to keep them from getting sticky.
- - wash chicken and pat dry. salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- - heat olive oil in large saute pan until shimmering.
- - add chicken and brown for five minutes on each side. remove chicken to plate and let rest.
- - drain pan of most of the chicken fat and return to med-low heat. add diced onion. after onions turns opaque, add garlic. cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- - add chopped escarole to onion mixture and saute until wilted, about three minutes.
- - add white beans, wine and chicken stock. also add sage and red pepper flakes. up heat and simmer five minutes until slightly reduced.
- - return chicken thighs to pan. put lid on pan and turn heat to med-low. if you need to you may add more broth or wine. you want there to be a sauce for the noodles.
- - after about ten minutes flip chiken thighs and put lid back on. simmer ten more minutes.
- - remove lid and add sherry. simmer on low five more minutes and check thighs for doneness. may take a few minutes more depending on their size. serve over buttered bow-tie pasta with grated parmesan to garnish.
This was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly. I can't wait to make it again!
I made this with a friend and we served it over quinoa instead of pasta. Somehow manages to be light and hearty at the same time. It was delicious, thank you!