Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
365:No Repeats. Rachael Ray
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken and wild rice soup mix (5.5 - 7 ounce pkg) or 1 (7 ounce) package garlic and herb rice mix (5.5 - 7 ounce pkg)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart broth
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- hot sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Preheat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery, bay leaf, and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring up to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, dill, the lemon juice, and hot sauce to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
- Divide the cooked rice among 4 serving bowls; ladle the soup over the rice, making sure to distribute the chicken and veggies evenly among the bowls.