Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A stupendous chicken recipe you'll be sure to love and easy too!!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 5 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small onion
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Precook chicken with sliced onion, salt and pepper at 350°. If using boneless it is about 30 minute 5 minutes longer for bone-in chicken.
- Cool, remove from bone, discard skin. Cut into bite sized pieces, including the onion. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine soup, mayonnaise, celery and drained water chestnuts. Add chicken and mix together.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine stuffing mix with melted butter/margarine. Spread over chicken mixture and bake 45 minutes at 350° until lightly brown and bubbly at the edges.
- (I use Bell's stuffing mix. I have used others and it has been fine, but Stove Top is not the type to use.I have used light mayo and reduced fat soup but it's not as tasty).
I had some sliced fresh mushrooms and I had some cooked whole chicken breasts. I used two since they were so large.I used cream of chicken soup and also add some dried cilantro to the dressing. I used regular soup and mayonnaise. I prepared this in the morning and chilled, a great make ahead dish if the chicken is already cooked.I will prepare next time with just vegetables, dressing,mayo, cream of chicken soup & chow mein noodles on top. This is a great recipe!