Recipe by Folk Dancer
I got this recipe from a cookbook called "The Best of Slavic Cooking," by Alojzije Kapetanovic and Ruzica Kaptanovic. I like to serve it with rice and a green salad. (Of course, I like to serve almost everything with rice and a green salad).
- 4 chicken breast halves (or substitute other chicken parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- flour, for dredging chicken
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In large saucepan, heat the oil, add the chicken, and half the garlic, cover and heat over medium-low heat for about thirty minutes or until chicken in cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Add the remaining garlic, onion and walnuts and sauté for five minutes.
- Mix in the tbsp of flour, and cook until flour browns.
- Add the chicken broth, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the mixture thickens to sauce consistency.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.