Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Paragon Press, this seems to be a different process for making chicken. Hope to try soon.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 12 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3⁄4 cup green grape (seedless)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the chicken in a heavy skillet for 3-5 minutes, turning once. (Chicken should be well browned on both sides). Remove from pan.
- Rinse the pan and add vermouth and stock. Bring to a boil and return chicken to pan.
- Add sliced shallots and cover, simmer for 30-40 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the artichokes and grapes and continue to cook and additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in cold water and then add to chicken. Cook until thickened slightly.
Great chicken dish. Very simple to prepare and very tasty. I loved the grapes combined with the artichokes. Thanks Amayzng.