Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A different slant on a stir fry. Add some red pepper flakes for a little heat. From a food blog with modifications.
Top Review by MsSally
Oh My Caroline....This was great. I made exactly as stated, except that I used fat-free sour cream with 1 tsp cornstarch added in to thicken the sauce. So tasty, I also added some carrots, and had to use green pepper cause that was all I had. Served over brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cast iron skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add chicken and garlic - cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add cashews, bell pepper and snow peas - cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Move chicken and vegetables (keep any liquid in pan) to a bowl and keep warm.
- Whisk in sour cream, Dijon and honey to juices in skillet and heat only until warmed through.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.