Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine – Jeff Smith. Copyright 1986 Hot pan, cold oil.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan with a cover, sauté the chicken in the olive oil.
- When the chicken is brown, remove it to a heated platter and add the shallots to the pan.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and then add the vermouth and tomatoes.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft and tender and then return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the oregano, salt and pepper and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.