Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This juicy and tender chicken is scented with the sweetness of tarragon and the healthy flavors of tomatoes, leeks, green onions and garlic (with a little white wine). This would be a nice company dish, or a homey supper served with buttered egg noodles and a salad. Prep time includes marinating, and you could use canned diced tomatoes (to equal 4 cups) instead of fresh to save some time; but in the summer use vegetables right out of the garden!
Top Review by Gerry sans Sanddunes
Dark, rich-looking, and tasty; this is real French Bistro cooking! We enjoyed it with a simple salad and will certainly have it again. (... but we love that tarragon ... and garlic!) Leek-less, I tossed in some cold, fridge-living mushrooms that had been previously sauteed in Balsamic Vinegar, but that - and adding a crusty roll to sop up the gravy - was my only addition/change. Thank you.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled,chopped and seeded
- 1 leek, white part and a little green,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces white part and a little green
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place washed chicken in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour off marinade into a skillet and cook it down to about half of its volume.
- Pour reduced sauce over chicken and bake, covered for about 30 minutes; uncover and bake another 15 minutes.