This juicy and tender chicken is scented with the sweetness of tarragon and the healthy flavors of tomatoes, leeks, green onions and garlic (with a little white wine). This would be a nice company dish, or a homey supper served with buttered egg noodles and a salad. Prep time includes marinating, and you could use canned diced tomatoes (to equal 4 cups) instead of fresh to save some time; but in the summer use vegetables right out of the garden!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled,chopped and seeded
- 1 leek, white part and a little green,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces white part and a little green
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and black pepper
- 1Place washed chicken in a baking dish.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Pour over the chicken, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Pour off marinade into a skillet and cook it down to about half of its volume.
- 6Pour reduced sauce over chicken and bake, covered for about 30 minutes; uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Tomatoes and Tarragon
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1031.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g