Recipe by TasteTester
This dish is somewhat reminiscent of a Mediterranean chicken dinner I had at a restaurant once. Very delicious, easy to make, and enjoyed by our family.
Top Review by gillyflower 12
Well I printed this recipe to make chicken, but it being Easter, I had a load of lamb and I wanted to eat lamb. There aren't many decent recipes, but this fell off the pile and I thought it would be delicious for lamb AND so it was!! This chicken recipe is now pasted in my personal cookbook under LAMB. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. total)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g can crushed tomatoes
- 163.00 g jar of sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 63.78 g can sliced pitted black olives, drained
- 22.18-29.58 ml capers, drained
- 29.58 ml finely shredded lemon peel
- 4.92 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 44.37 ml snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Add onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Stir tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon peel, and oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 13-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- To serve place chicken on platter. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and black pepper. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken Sprinkle with parsley and serve.