- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, trimmed and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large (5-quart) saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Cook chicken, turning when it easily releases from the pan, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms; cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until tomatoes have broken down, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan; cover, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn chicken to coat with sauce, and serve.