1/2 Photos of Chicken With Tomatoes and Bacon
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I looked for similar last night, but couldn't find it. Here's what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 slice bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 158.51 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 880 g chopped tomatoes
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml chicken stock powder
- 4.92 ml chipotle chili flakes
- 4.92 ml fennel seed (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped pitted olive
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, garlic, bacon and mushrooms and cook until softened-about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove to a plate and add the chicken pieces to the pan. Brown well on all sides.
- 3Remove from the pan and add the tomato paste to the pan. Cook, stirring for a couple of minutes, then add the wine, tomatoes water, brown sugar, stock powder and fresh and dry herbs and spices and bring to the boil stirring.
- 4Return the chicken and bacon vegetable mix to the sauce, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- 5About 15 minutes before serving, remove the lid and stir the olives through.
- 6With the lid off, increase the heat and allow to thicken to a nice sauce consitency.
- 7Just before serving, stir the fresh parsley through.
- 8We ate this over penne pasta, with feta cheese crumbled on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Tomatoes and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.5
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 838.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: