Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy tasty meal to get you back on track after indulging over the holidays. Also a great dish for the beginning cook, who wants to try out a new cooking technique ( De-glazing is De-mystified). The title says it all, how can you go wrong with tomatoes, artichokes, sauteed chicken and Parmesan cheese served over pasta.
- 6 plum tomatoes (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Mix chopped tomatoes and artichokes together, set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
- In a large sautee pan add olive oil and coat bottom of pan.
- Over medium/high heat add chicken, salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, pesto, and seasoned salt cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- To do this add wine to pan and scrape pan to loosen food particles and pan drippings.
- Add artichoke and tomato mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.