Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh my, this was made as a family dinner, but it is company worthy! Out of desperation, I pulled the recipe off the back of the College Inn chicken broth can and all I can say is "OH MY"!
- 1-2 skinless chicken breast half
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml dry white wine, chardonnay
- 411.06 g chicken broth, can or 411.06 g stock
- 118.29 ml canned tomato, diced (to taste)
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary or 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 118.29 ml heavy cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- 1 green onion, sliced with tender green part
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and heat w/ EVOO in a skillet.
- Sauté chicken breast halves on both sides until browned, set aside in a baking dish, cover with foil and place in oven to continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- In the mean time, add white wine to skillet and reduce by half.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rosemary. Bring to a boil then simmer and reduce the liquid by half. May take 10 minutes or longer.
- Add cream/ half & half and reduce liquid to desired thickness. This may take an additional 10 minutes or longer. Add onions and wilt, and serve.
- Serve over chicken breasts w/ buttered noodles or rice.