Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh my, this was made as a family dinner, but it is company worthy! Out of desperation, I pulled the recipe off the back of the College Inn chicken broth can and all I can say is "OH MY"!
- 1 -2 skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, chardonnay
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth, can or 14 1⁄2 ounces stock
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, diced (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 green onion, sliced with tender green part
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and heat w/ EVOO in a skillet.
- Sauté chicken breast halves on both sides until browned, set aside in a baking dish, cover with foil and place in oven to continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- In the mean time, add white wine to skillet and reduce by half.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rosemary. Bring to a boil then simmer and reduce the liquid by half. May take 10 minutes or longer.
- Add cream/ half & half and reduce liquid to desired thickness. This may take an additional 10 minutes or longer. Add onions and wilt, and serve.
- Serve over chicken breasts w/ buttered noodles or rice.