Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
It may not sound all that great but you have to try it to appreciate the wonderful flavor!
Make and share this Chicken With Tomato - Cucumber Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, cumin and corriander and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture, drizzle with oil and cook in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salsa : combine the tomato, cucumber, parsley, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt. Refrigerate salsa till chicken is done. After chicken is cooked, spoon salsa over chicken and serve.
- I actually made 10 times the amount of the spice mixture and put it in an extra salt shaker so when I make this chicken, I just shake a little of the spices on while it is cooking.
Delicious! i mixed the spices with the oil and then rubbed it on the chicken and baked. We loved the chicken with or without the salsa
Very very good! Thanks for sharing a keeper!