Recipe by daisygrl64
An easy skillet recipe turned into a scrumptious chicken and pasta dinner Top off with garlic bread on the side and dinner is served.
Top Review by evewitch
I initially sought out this recipe to use up a jar of alfredo that I got from the damaged rack for $.90. I thought it would be a "throwaway" recipe since I usually don't buy anything like that. Wrong! Everyone loved this and absolutely devoured it (except my son, who is overly picky and doesn't count). I brined the chicken first. Although I would like to have used wine, I used chicken broth because I had no white wine in the house. And I did not finish with the fresh basil. Since I didn't serve pasta with it, I poured the sauce over our broccoli also, which worked out well. I will definitely make this again (although I will probably seek out an alfredo recipe on here rather than buying another jar).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (for garnish)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil.
- brown chicken breasts on both sides for 5 minutes.
- remove chicken from skillet, keep warm.
- to the same skillet add onions, garlic and Italian seasoning, stir until translucent.
- add tomatoes and cook, until tomatoes are tender.
- add wine or broth.
- stir in the Alfredo sauce.
- return chicken to skillet.
- cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- when ready to serve sprinkle with fresh basil.
- serve with angel hair pasta.