Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fantastic recipe it is rich and tasty, it can be used with chicken or over pasta for a simple sauce. This recipe is major easy and quick and the sauce freezes well.
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans or 1 (400 g) canany other beans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 inches chorizo sausage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large sweet pepper, from a jar
- 2 cups water
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- In a pan add all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Simmer gently approx 20 minutes until beans are soft and sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile roast the chicken pieces in the oven until cooked; approx 30 minutes.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of sauce onto a plate and arrange a breast of chicken on top.
- This dish can be served with rice, pasta or potatoes.
Great recipe. So rich. I must declare that I did not measure anything to be honest. I added double chorizo used half the chicken but it still tasted fantastic. Thanks so much for this recipe
LOVE this true! Used low fat cooked Italian sausages too! After cooking chicken, added to sauce, Simmered for 40 minutes, once did I toss, Chicken was tender, like it that way! This recipe MADE MY day! Helpful hint or two, Did cut chicken breasts horizontally too! Then in three pieces as browned in a pan, For this recipe, I am your newest fan! THANKS!