Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Fast Chicken"/ The Hawthorn Series
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 bacon, rashers chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes over moderate-high heat.Set aside.
- Fry the onion with bacon and add the garlic.Cook for 5 minutes till bacon is browned.
- Add tomatoes, dried basil and oregano and sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced .
- Add the chicken to the pan,simmer for 10 minutes and add Kalamata olives with fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
A very yummy and easy dish. It smelled wonderful while cooking and we love the combination of flavors. Served over pasta and with a side of broccoli. Thanks for posting this littlemafia! Made for 1~2~3 Hits.
I made this for dinner tonight with one change. We are off travelling and I forgot I'd tagged this and turned ALL my basil into pesto and froze it. I actually added about 1/4 cup of the home made pesto rather than the fresh leaves but I tasted it before I did that and it was already stunningly yummy-the psto made it even better. The original recipe is so very simple, but delicious and I'll be making it agian (using more of my pesto) Sorry I packed my camera, so there is no photo.
Very simple but very tasty meal. I also added a medium green chilli and a medium red chilli for an extra bite and it made the dish a whole lot more exciting! simply served with a sweet salad and freshly made garlic bread. Fantastic!!!