- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 bacon, rashers chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes over moderate-high heat.Set aside.
- Fry the onion with bacon and add the garlic.Cook for 5 minutes till bacon is browned.
- Add tomatoes, dried basil and oregano and sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced .
- Add the chicken to the pan,simmer for 10 minutes and add Kalamata olives with fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.