Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy, flavorful and delicious! I am on the FusionFit.com diet right now and this is one the meals that was part of my plan. My picky family even liked it although they ate white rice instead of brown.
- 6 -8 ounces skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dry brown rice
- 1 cup artichoke heart (use 1/2 to 1 cup depending on preference)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes and green chilies (I use canned diced tomatoes and chop 1 small pepper)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in a bowl of water 1-2 hours before starting recipe. Or, you can buy sundried tomatoes in oil to skip this step.
- Cook rice according to package directions, without adding fat or salt. Meanwhile, season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 1 minute per side, until golden brown and seared. Using tongs, remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add canned tomato mix to pan; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly and incorporating any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in sun-dried tomato and artichokes. Return chicken to pan. Cover; simmer 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and sauce on cooked rice.