Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an adaptation of the recipe "Roasted Chicken With Thyme and Honey Cream", by --Leslie--. This recipe was developed for a ZWT8 France Crock-pot challenge.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 cup 35% real whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- Place chopped onion and half of the wine into the bottom of the crock-pot. Add chicken, with half of the salt and half of the pepper, and the thyme sprigs. Add half of of the wine. Cover and cook on low setting 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to warm plate. Combine remaining ingredients in crock-pot, simmer on high setting about 5 minutes. Return chicken to crock-pot, lower cook setting to low and heat for about 15 minutes. Serve.