Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Don't be blue - try something new! Recipe from the National Chicken Council.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle bleu cheese salad dressing
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour dressing in medium bowl.
- Put bread crumbs, celery salt, dill and pepper in shallow dish and mix until well combined.
- Coat drumsticks with dressing, roll in crumb mixture and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 50 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
Delicious, moist chicken. I used 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast and followed the recipe as stated. The time for baking was about 40 minutes. I am going to try it using other dressings, I to think there could be several variations of this recipe. Thank you for posting this recipe.
This was very good, and my husband loved it!!! I modified the recipe a little bit as follows: I used boneless chicken breasts instead of drumsticks, and I did not have dried dill weed, so I substituted a little basil and garlic salt. The thing I like most about it, is that you can easily substitute with other spices or dressings that you might have on hand, and it will still turn out tender and juicy every time!! This is a "keeper". Thank You!!!