Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
dinner in half an hour? well, close to it! serve this with rice to take advantage of the lovely sauce
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless,skinless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup shallot
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- heat butter and olive oil in skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total, remove to a plate add shallots, saute until softened, a few mins.
- add brandy, scraping up bits, and reduce by half.
- add chickenbroth, return chicken to skillet, cover and simmer 20 minutes, remove chicken add cream, tarragon and mustard, stirring, raise heat and cook until thickened, a few minutes.
- serve over chicken.
- add salt& pepper to taste.
Very easy to make and tasty too! The chicken breast was moist and tender, and I really like the flavor (and aroma) of the shallots. I think I would cut back on the tarragon the next time...Overall a very good dish.
We are tarragon lovers, together with the other ingredients it made a beautiful sauce. I used the full 4 teaspoons of tarragon plus extra, I used fresh. But like to point out that I always taste the tarragon I use first, there can be a lot of difference in strength of this herb from one batch to another. Served this with boiled new potatoes and green beans.
deliciously, easy recipe. We're not too keen on tarragon so I did cut back as per Leta's suggestion. I look forward to making this dish more in the winter.