Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy dish to make with shallots and butter too.
- 2 small chicken, cut up into parts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, can use 1 tsp dried
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the chicken.
- Place chicken in pan, skin side down, and cook about 10 minutes and turn and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet for now, and add the shallots to the pan and cook briefly.
- Add the tarragon and wine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to dissolve the browned particles that were stuck on the skillet.
- Stir in the water.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, skin side up and cover and cook about 15 minutes.
- Continue cooking, basting often about 5 minutes longer, until the chicken is tender and juicy.