1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
from today's NY Times, this looks like a lovely way to start the new year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium yellow onions, diced
- 4 medium red onions, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste, diluted in
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pomegranate paste, diluted in
- 1/2 cup water or 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 skinless chicken thighs
- 10 boneless skinless chicken legs
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1In a large Dutch oven or in a pot with a tight-fitting lid, mix the onions, 1 1/2 cups cilantro, the garlic and the spices.
- 2Blend in the diluted tamarind paste, the diluted pomegranate paste(or use 1 c pomegranate juice), the ketchup and the salt.
- 3Add chicken thighs and legs to pot, and submerge in sauce.
- 4Cover, and cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, then lower heat, and cook for 1 hour.
- 5Uncover, adjust seasonings to taste, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- 6Transfer chicken and sauce to a serving platter, and garnish with remaining cilantro.
- 7Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over platter, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Tamarind Pomegranate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 403.1 mg
- Sodium 1105.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 102.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: