Chicken With Tamarind Pomegranate Sauce
- In a large Dutch oven or in a pot with a tight-fitting lid, mix the onions, 1 1/2 cups cilantro, the garlic and the spices.
- Blend in the diluted tamarind paste, the diluted pomegranate paste(or use 1 c pomegranate juice), the ketchup and the salt.
- Add chicken thighs and legs to pot, and submerge in sauce.
- Cover, and cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, then lower heat, and cook for 1 hour.
- Uncover, adjust seasonings to taste, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a serving platter, and garnish with remaining cilantro.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over platter, and serve hot.