Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy, nice and warm!! Easy and quick.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup purchased spicy szechuan stir-fry sauce
- Sprinkle/rub chicken with smashed garlic and seasoned salt.
- Melt butter in medium nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from frypan, cover to keep warm.
- Add rice, onions and carrot to same frypan, cook and stir 3-5 minutes or just until mixture begins to brown.
- Add water and stir fry sauce, mix well.
- Place chicken over rice mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fork tender, its juices run clear and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Very good. I did not have stir-fry sauce, so I put cajun seasoning on the chicken and used TERYAKI sauce. I also chopped the chk breast up before putting it back in the pot.
I am always on the look out for meals for 1 or 2. This recipe was perfect. I used a garlic stir fry sauce and it went great. Super simple, and tasty, AND a one dish meal! Awesome recipe!